Assignment 1: Employee Turnover
Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
Employee turnover in the hospitality industry averages 400% annually. This means that, on average,
100% of the staff of a restaurant, hotel, airline, cruise ship, etc. is replaced four (4) times per year. There
has been extensive research on employee turnover and employee job satisfaction. Using the Internet or
the Strayer Library, select one (1) hospitality industry type such as fast-food restaurants, luxury hotels,
specialty hotels, or any other type of hospitality interest and identify the main problems associated with
that industry and employee turnover. Suggest ways and methods to address the high turnover rate.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the type of hospitality industry and its main categories of employees.
2. Summarize three (3) primary reasons that turnover is so high in this industry.
3. Recommend one (1) method to address each of the three (3) primary reasons that turnover is so
high in this industry.
4. Recommend one (1) method to improve job satisfaction in general for this industry.
5. Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not quality as academic resources.