I will be off line till after 8 PM EST July 9th. Please review the essay requirements below. Please provide a short sample of your APA style for section 1 only and then we can discuss price and deadlines.
This course requires the completion of a comprehensive Strategic Plan.
You have a choice to use either an existing company or a fictitious company. In either case, the Project is to complete a written plan that will suggest a practical Strategic Direction for the company.
The Plan will have 7 sections. The 6 sections will reflect each of the 6 TCOs plus a bibliography. Each section will be 2 – 3 pages in standard business proposal format.
The sections are:
1. Strategy – In this section, you should describe what “SHOULD” be the strategy of a technologically driven company. You should focus specifically on the technology strategy. You should think about all the things we learned in the class that will determine a strategy that will help the company succeed.
Remember that you can use either an existing company or a fictitious company. If you choose to use an existing company, you can visit their web site to see if their strategy is listed. Or you can do a web search on their technology strategy to see if anyone has written any stories about their strategy. For a fictitious company, you should make up a technology strategy that fits that type of company.
Examples of a Technology Strategy:
- Verizon Wireless – Have the best network of all wireless carriers
- Honda – Build the best engines
- Intel – Have the fastest and most powerful CPUs
2. Core Competencies – Given an organizational and industry context, identify the core technological competencies of the organization. Like all subsequent sections of the project, this section is based on the Strategy Section.
Example: Verizon Wireless Strategy is the having the best Network. Thus, the core competencies will be built around the network. Things like RF Engineers and wireless security experts would be detailed
- Industry Dynamics – Here you should take the strategy identified in Section 1 and describe in detail why that is the right strategy based on what is occurring in the industry. Provide as much detail as possible as to the industry trends and why you think those trends are important
4. Technology Sourcing and Internal Innovation – Given an organizational context, develop a plan to increase the innovative capabilities of the organization both through collaboration strategies and internal innovation.
Here you would offer ideas as to what is the best way to “Source” the technology that supports the strategy. A complete discussion about how best to manage the innovative capabilities of the company being described is required.
5. Product Development Strategy Given information about a company’s industry, and organization, formulate a technological innovation strategy through its new product development strategy.
Product Development is very important to an organization. This section will describe how the company will structure its product development. Obviously, the kind of structure will be determined directly by the technology strategy stated in Section 1.
6. Strategy to protect innovations – Given a company situation be able to determine whether and how to protect its technological innovations.
Using the things learned in the class, describe how you would use patents, trade secrets, copyrights, etc. to protect the Intellectual Property (IP) required to support the strategy.
- A bibliography listing your references for the project