Violence as a Social Justice Issue Discussion
discussion question (250 words)
Consider research evidence on the efficacy of interventions in criminal behaviors and efforts for preventing crime.
- How do authors of this unit’s readings typify crime and violence as social justice issues?
- What interventions are used to work with people involved in the legal system (provide one for perpetrators, one for victims) and how well do they appear to work?
Use the Capella Library and read the following:
- Golembeski, and Fullilove’s 2008 article, ” Criminal (In)Justice in the City and Its Associated Health Consequences.”
- Kress, Protivnak, and Sadlak’s 2008 article, ” Counseling Clients Involved With Violent Intimate Partners: The Mental Health Counselor’s Role in Promoting Client Safety.”
- Liedka, Piehl, and Useem’s 2006 article, ” The Crime-Control Effect of Incarceration: Does Scale Matter?“