Accounting Framework and Governing Boards
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Create an argument in agreement or disagreement of the premise that domestic and / or international governing boards are effective in setting and enforcing standards. Provide support for your position.
- Choose a key area of disagreement between GAAP and IFRS, and positions held by the FASB, IASB, and the SEC on the identified area. Evaluate the positions of each party on the issue in question. Propose a new strategy that would better accommodate all of the parties involved.
- Choose a recently proposed accounting regulation. Evaluate how and where the proposed regulation would impact financial statements. Provide feedback as to all or part of the proposed regulation with which you either agree or disagree.
- Predict at least one (1) area of accounting regulation that may be changed, or where a new regulation could be generated. Assess how and where that potential change might impact financial statements or financial reporting.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length