Case managers work in a variety of settings related to criminal justice. Some may work directly for a criminal justice agency while others may work for non-governmental agencies, providing services to criminal justice clients. Regardless of the setting or agency, case managers share some similar characteristics and follow similar guidelines.
Write a 3 page paper that explains the various roles of case management and the resources available to help case managers succeed. Make sure your cover the following:
- How is the role different for correctional counselors, probation officers, and social workers?
- Are some people more suited for certain areas than others?
- What types of people become case managers?
- What official resources are available?
- What types of knowledge bases are required for case managers?
- Consider the resources available for case managers. Explore at least 3 of the following resources, and discuss how case managers might utilize them for support:
- Case Management Society of America
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychological Association
- various state correctional counseling associations
APA format, 3 pages. No plagerism. 5 sources referenced throughout the paper. Abstract and Reference page.